Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
j@bw  
#1 Posted : Thursday, January 20, 2011 9:58:06 PM(UTC)
j@bw

Groups: Registered
Man

Howdy,

I am currently updating the print templates for ESdat map outputs to be consistent with our other figures. I have a few questions regarding the degree to which we can customise these templates.

• Is it possible to have any other fields defined at printing other than 'Figure name' and 'Scale'? I would like to include information like 'Date drawn' and 'Drawn by'.
  • Are there other functions available in the print template? I would like to insert a North arrow, and some additional lines in the drawing.
  • In the 'Print' pop-up, where you define the print name, figure and scale, is it possible to include other templates in the template dropdown? I am thinking of creating templates with different layouts but want to know if I can get them to appear in that dropdown bar.

Thanks for your assistance.

Jeremy 

Support  
#2 Posted : Saturday, January 22, 2011 1:58:30 AM(UTC)
Support

Groups: Registered, Administrators

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 8 post(s)

Hello,

The printing output for the mapping tool in version 4 is mostly envisaged as a "draft" reporting tool, not necessarily of "Cartigraphic" quality.  Thus as well as the GIS Exports you can "Copy" the image and insert into a CAD package for final editing.  However, answers to your questions are:

The only names which can be populated on the fly are those you identified, as well as Site/Project field names.  Unfortunately Date Drawn and Drawn By aren't supported.

You can add lines or boxes using the "Box" flag, for a line the two sides of the box wil need to have the same x or y value.

Only those two templates are supported.

j@bw  
#3 Posted : Saturday, January 22, 2011 2:24:18 AM(UTC)
j@bw

Man

Is it possible to change the spelling of meter on the scale bar? As we are an Australian company we would prefer to have metres instead of meters. Pedantic I guess, but this game is all about the detail.
Support  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, January 25, 2011 12:30:41 AM(UTC)
Support

Groups: Registered, Administrators

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 8 post(s)

Hello,

Fair enough comment.

The scale text isn't configurable.  However, I have checked the upcoming update (Early Feb) and the map outputs 80m instead of 80 METER.  If you can bear with it for a short while I hope that is a suitable solution.  I have also logged your other suggestions.

Sincerely,

Alex.

j@bw  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, January 25, 2011 12:57:04 AM(UTC)
j@bw

Man

That is a good solution - removes the metre/meter issue.

I have been able to include a North arrow by using the graphic utility (as with logo) and saving the graphic as a .bmp in the same directory.

Though it is meant to be a "draft" tool it is possible to produce presentation-quality maps using it. I have been able to figure out how to customise the template but it would be useful to have a bit more detail in the help file regarding this (eg. tools/functions available, how co-ordinates work in regards to the page margins).

Thanks,