Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
crosby  
#1 Posted : Friday, July 21, 2023 8:33:36 AM(UTC)
crosby

Groups: Registered
Canada

I'm trying to compare sample results to IL environmental standards for the following critera:

• GW flow to SW used by aqautic life (fresh)
  • GW flow to SW used by aqautic life (marine)
  • GW used for drinking water
  • Intake of contaminated soil
  • Toxicity to soil invertebrates and plants

I am seeing the standards for BTEX but none in the PHCs (LEPH, HEPH, etc.), NA and only some PAH's are present for specifc criteria. any idea what the issue could be?

Nick Support  
#2 Posted : Friday, July 21, 2023 9:06:30 AM(UTC)
Nick Support

Groups: Registered, Administrators
Canada

Was thanked: 29 time(s) in 29 post(s)

Hello Crosby,

Are you able to be more specific with the standards your are using?  Those particular pathways are present in many different provincial standards, as well as national standards, and this will have a bearing on what values should be applied.

If you can also provide a screen capture of what you are seeing (i.e. showing the selected guidelines and the analytes in the data set) this will provide much more detail for us to look into.

It will also depend on the data that is in your Lab Reports and what Chem Codes have been used.

If you're able to provide this additional detail, we will be able to provide some clearer advice.

Thanks,

Nick

crosby  
#3 Posted : Friday, July 21, 2023 9:25:24 AM(UTC)
crosby

Groups: Registered
Canada

Selected guidlines.JPG (97kb) downloaded 1 time(s). Missing IL BC CSR Standards.JPG (127kb) downloaded 2 time(s).

Hello Nick yes I can attach screenshots of what i'm seeing. One is the guidelines i'm choosing and the other is what i'm seeing in excel.

To clarify the picture is after I have exported it to excel but the missing information is the same beforehand in ESdat. I have been told on the lab side that the chem codes seem to be fine.

Nick Support  
#4 Posted : Friday, July 21, 2023 9:49:47 AM(UTC)
Nick Support

Groups: Registered, Administrators
Canada

Was thanked: 29 time(s) in 29 post(s)

Hi Crosby,

Thanks for attaching those.

As far as I understand, Schedule 3.1 Part 1 only has guideline values for 40 different parameters (Matrix 1 to 40).  PHCs aren't included in this part of the guidelines, which is why there are no values in your table.  Schedule 3.1 Part 2 does have values for some PHCs, so if you turn these on you should see those guideline values.

For parameters that have a value of "NS" or similar (such as some PAHs), you need to make sure that you have "Include Prefix/Suffix" turned on in your Env Standards dropdown menu in the Chem Table Layout in ESdat: Chemistry Tables

Thanks,

Nick