Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jrhodes  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, January 3, 2024 3:57:52 AM(UTC)
jrhodes

Groups: Registered
United States

Hello,

I am wondering if there is a way to customize the allowable matrix types from a lab automated upload. According to the specifications on the lab data format it says that "Soil, Water, Gas, SoilGas, Other or as provided on the COC" are allowed. I was wondering what the process for adding new matrix types on the COC is, or if there is another way to add a matrix type. I included a screenshot of the matrix types that were throwing errors. Obviously these could both be converted to "Water", but we are wondering if there is a way to maintain the disctintion between these. 

Thanks,

Jace

Nick Support  
#2 Posted : Friday, January 12, 2024 2:31:26 AM(UTC)
Nick Support

Groups: Registered, Administrators
Canada

Was thanked: 29 time(s) in 29 post(s)

Hi Jace,

Typically we like to keep the matrix types simple, as this is makes it easier for the labs to report consistent results (particlularly if you are working with multiple laboratories).

ESdat has several other fields for recording sample or location specific information, such as "Matrix Description" in the Samples table, or "Location Type" in the Locations table.  Both these fields can be shown in the Chemistry Table.

Would populating these work as an alternative for you instead of creating new matrix types?

Thanks,

Nick