Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
adewhirst  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, September 25, 2019 12:18:05 AM(UTC)
adewhirst

Groups: Registered

I had been working on my boring logs and saving the JSON files to my desktop. This file path was working last week, and I was able to pick up where I had last saved. 

Now I am unable to open these boring logs or any historic logs. There is no error code or message that appears. My coworker attempted on his computer and the same issues came up. 

We were able to create a new file, save it, and then open that JSON file. Thus not sure what is up with the old or our historic JSON files. 

Any help greatly appreciated

NickT  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, September 25, 2019 3:23:12 PM(UTC)
Nick Support

Groups: Registered, Administrators
Canada

Was thanked: 29 time(s) in 29 post(s)

Hi,

We'll need a copy of the JSON files to be able to investigate this.

I'll email you directly so that you can send these through.

Thanks,

Nick

NickT  
#3 Posted : Thursday, September 26, 2019 9:09:49 AM(UTC)
Nick Support

Groups: Registered, Administrators
Canada

Was thanked: 29 time(s) in 29 post(s)

Hi Alexander,

I was able to open the JSON files you sent through without any issues.  Given that this happened on multiple PCs, this suggests to me that there may be some browser security settings that have changed on your network which are stopping the JSON files from opening .

A simple way to check this would be to see if you can open the files when you are not connected to your work network (either at home or hot-spotting off your phone).  If this works, then you may have to work with your own IT to figure out what settings are stopping the JSON files from opening.

Some other things to check would be if you can open them using a different browser (IE, Chrome, Firefox).

There may also be browser add-ins or plug-ins which are causing issues.  Can you disable any of these and see if you can open the files?

Thanks,

Nick