Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Dkusiak  
#1 Posted : Friday, July 10, 2020 5:24:58 AM(UTC)
Dkusiak

Groups: Registered
Canada

I am looking for a solution to a browser error we continue to experience when saving new data entries in ESLog (when selecting Data>>Save).

I have tried several different browsers and browser settings, with no luck. We are running Window 10 and generally using the most current version (11) of Internet Explorer. Any help on resolving this issue would be appreciated.

Thank you

Nick Tumney  
#2 Posted : Friday, July 10, 2020 9:24:23 AM(UTC)
Nick Support

Groups: Registered, Administrators
Canada

Was thanked: 29 time(s) in 29 post(s)

Hi Damian,

When you click the Save option, do you get the following dialog box:

ESlog_Save.PNG (14kb) downloaded 2 time(s).

If not, do you have any browser extensions or security software that could be stopping this opening?

I'd recommend disabling any extensions and see if this resolves the issue.

It's also worth mentioning that ESlog saves as a file format called JSON.  This is simply a container for a text file and uses the extension JSON rather than txt.

If you click the "View Source" item from the menu do you see the dialog below:

ESlog_Source.PNG (70kb) downloaded 0 time(s).

If you do, you can copy this into a text editor and save it as a JSON file (if your text editor doesn't have this format just save as txt and edit the extension to JSON once saved).  Although this is just a workaround, it should allow you to save the logs without losing all your data.

Thanks,

Nick

Dkusiak  
#3 Posted : Saturday, July 11, 2020 1:36:35 AM(UTC)
Dkusiak

Groups: Registered
Canada

Thank you Nick,

I do get the Save Data dilog box, I have turned off extensions and still have the browser issue. I will try a few more things. That said, the work around method you provided works great!

Much appreciated.

D

Nick Tumney  
#4 Posted : Monday, July 13, 2020 9:58:01 AM(UTC)
Nick Support

Groups: Registered, Administrators
Canada

Was thanked: 29 time(s) in 29 post(s)

Hi Damian,

It's great to hear you can save the files now (even if it is through a workaround).

Given that you do get the save dialog, I suspect that there may be some security software installed that may be intercepting the JSON file before it downloads.

You may want to check with your IT department if you have anything like zScaler installed, as this type of security software can cause all sorts of issues with downloads.

If this is the case, you will need to ask IT to add the ESlog website to your list of safe pages.

Thanks,

Nick