Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
GarnetB  
#1 Posted : Saturday, November 21, 2020 2:05:36 AM(UTC)
GarnetB

Groups: Registered
Canada

Hi I'm a new user of ESLog, doing manual input of data and using a template that's been slightly customized from the standard templates given.  I'm wondering how I get the log to show the exact depth (and elevation) where the stratigraphic layers change (based on the layers in the "Material Description" column)?  Thanks for any feedback/advice.

Nick Tumney  
#2 Posted : Monday, November 23, 2020 2:25:58 PM(UTC)
Nick Support

Groups: Registered, Administrators
Canada

Was thanked: 29 time(s) in 29 post(s)

Hi Garnet,

I hope you're enjoying using ESlog.

I assume from your question that you want a separate column that explicitly lists the depth/elevation at each interval (rather than inferring it from the depth or elevation columns).  Is this correct?

In order to do this, you will need to create a new text column using the "Manage Columns" feature.

I would recommend configuring this column in a similar way to the default "PID" column, and then tweak your settings from there.

It should then just be a matter of entering the depth or elevation you want to show in the text field.

Thanks,

Nick

GarnetB  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, November 25, 2020 7:33:15 AM(UTC)
GarnetB

Canada

Hi Nick thanks for the reply.  Yes you're correct in that I want a column that shows the exact numerical depth and elevation of each strata change based on the "Material Descriptiuon" column.  I was hoping there's a function within ESLog that automatically calculates such values based on the "Material Description" data (instead of having to manually enter the depth and elevation values)?

Cheers, Garnet

Nick Tumney  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, November 25, 2020 7:59:52 AM(UTC)
Nick Support

Groups: Registered, Administrators
Canada

Was thanked: 29 time(s) in 29 post(s)

Hi Garnet,

Unfortunately that's not possible when you're entering the data manually.

When the logs are generated directly from data stored in ESdat, that is something that can be setup.  Please have a look at the website if you'd like more info on this: https://ESdat.net/ESlog_borelog_presentation_software.aspx

Thanks,

Nick

GarnetB  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, November 25, 2020 8:04:01 AM(UTC)
GarnetB

Canada

Understood - thanks